Junior/Intermediate Umpire Clinic 2019
GBMSL is proud to host a Junior/Intermediate Umpire Development clinic, which is run by Softball Ontario who supply all materials and Level 2 or higher Fast Pitch Umpires as instructors.
I would like to remind all that it is mandatory that any Umpire hired within our league be registered by Softball Ontario so that the umpires are covered with the correct insurance. Junior Umpires are qualified to work games from Tyke to Peewee, with the only limitation being that they may only work the bases at the Peewee level for some games.
Registration will only be accepted by using the online form this year. Phone in or faxed registrations will not be accepted.
Saturday, May 4th, 2019
· Time: Clinic runs from 9 am – 3:30 pm (End time approximate) While the Intermediate clinic runs a little longer- Be there by 8:30 a.m. to sign in and register and pay fee
· Location: Lafontaine Community Centre/Pavillion, 342 Rue Lafontaine Rd. W. Tiny On L9M 0J2
· Cost: $55 per Junior Umpire or $65 for Intermediate (Cash or check payable to GBMSL at time of Clinic)
· Age limits: Junior-12-16, Intermediate-15-18. (Must be 12 years of age by date of clinic- no exceptions!!!) The Intermediate Clinic is designed for those who have previously taken a Junior Clinic and are looking at moving up to a Level 1 certification.
· Materials supplied: Junior Umpire Manual, Junior Umpire Certificate (Intermediate umpires also receive a Softball Canada rule book)
· Lunch and refreshments will be served and is included in the cost
· On line registration form at bottom of this page. This form MUST be done by the PARENT/Legal Guardian of the umpire
Following the clinic date an intermediate umpire can do the Softball Canada Stairstep application, submit an additional fee and write their level 1 exam if they wish, this is up to the individual umpire to complete and is administered by Softball Ontario
Shirts- The league is offering blue shirts available at a cost of $10 each that can be purchased on that day (These are sold at cost so not a profit making venture)
Closing date for registrations:
April 21, 2019
-Walk in registrations will not be permitted.
-It is the responsibility of the Junior Umpire and/or Community contact to ensure that the registration is completed prior to the cut off date.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me via email at email@example.com
Junior Umpire Development Director, GBMSL